The NBN in new developments
We are currently upgrading the New Development fibre application form
The new form makes it easier and faster for you to submit an application.
We estimate that we have finished upgrading the form by 9am on Monday, 20th May.
Thank you very much for your patience.
Watch our NBN Explained video for property developers to find out how to get your estate NBN ready
The benefits of fibre in new developments
By incorporating fibre into the early stages of construction, developers are able to:
- Bring uniform broadband coverage within the reach of 100 percent of premises in new estates;
- 'Future-proof' new developments to ensure residents have access to high speed broadband now and into the future;
- Maximise efficiency and lower costs by installing fibre like a utility service when trenches are open; and
- Market new developments as 'NBN Ready' estates, with residents in these developments being among the first in Australia to benefit from the high speeds available over the NBN.
To be eligible to receive NBN Co fibre infrastructure, developers need to complete the following steps:
- Register all requests for NBN Co fibre infrastructure via NBN Co's online application forms
- Track your request using our Application Tracker
- Sign and return the Developer Agreement - NBN Co cannot reticulate fibre into a new development without a Developer Agreement in place.
Developers need to give NBN Co at least three months notice prior to the commencement of construction/civil works to ensure NBN Co has adequate time to plan the installation of fibre.
- Design pit and pipe infrastructure to NBN Co specifications and standards and submit to NBN Co for review prior to installation - Pit and Pipe Installation Guidelines.
- Install pit and pipe infrastructure to NBN Co specifications and standards.
- Transfer ownership of pit and pipe infrastructure to NBN Co.
Contact our team
Get the latest newsletters and events sent to you by emailSubscribe to the property developers and builders newsletter