NBN Co is tasked to design, build and operate Australia's National Broadband Network (NBN), in order to deliver high-speed broadband access to all Australian premises. In delivering to this task, NBN Co is committed to establishing an ongoing dialogue with our customers (and potential customers) to better understand their views, experience and needs across a broad spectrum of topics.
This page contains the details of past and present NBN Co consultation and discussion papers all of which have greatly assisted us to form our solutions and to refine our approach. We appreciate the ongoing involvement of industry in these consultations and encourage further and ongoing participation as we continue.
NBN access seekers may make written requests for information regarding specific aspects of NBN Co products, activities or services, in accordance with the process outlined here.
Current consultation processes
Product development forum - ongoing
NBN Co has previously conducted consultations on the following topics. Copies of these documents can be obtained on request by contacting NBN Co through email@example.com stating 'Consultation Paper Request' and the details of the paper requested.
Product consultation (general)
- Wholesale Bitstream Product (Customer Feedback December 2009)
- Industry consultation on product papers (August 2010)
- Fibre access service technical discussion paper for multicast (November 2011)
- Traffic class performance discussion paper (December 2011)
- Network - network interface discussion paper (December 2011)
- Network availability discussion paper (December 2011)
- Business and enterprise fibre access services discussion papers (December 2011)
- IPv6 discussion paper (September 2012)
Wholesale Broadband Agreement (WBA) consultation
- WBA (May 2011)
- WBA and SAU Discussion Paper (July 2011)
- WBA (September 2011)
- WBA (October 2011)
- WBA (November 2011)
- Contract development process (2012)
- Dispute management appointments (January 2012)
- Dispute Guidelines (May – October 2014)
- Insurance provisions for Approved Pool & Panel Terms (September – November 2014)
Satellite development consultations
- Expression of interest - interim satellite
- First release satellite service (trial) agreement
- Interim satellite service agreement (July 2011)
- Interim satellite service agreement (second release)
- Connecting to the NBN consultation paper (October 2010)
- Access Seeker Accreditation (Fibre Network) (December 2010)
- Customer installations briefing paper and call for expressions of interest (September 2012)